You can cook Croque Monsieur using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Croque Monsieur
- It’s 2 slices of ready-sliced multigrain brown bread.
- You need 15 g of Dijon mustard.
- You need 2 slices of gruyere cheese (I used Emmental).
- It’s 1-2 slices of ham.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s of Some salt.
- You need 25 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of heap of grated gruyere cheese (I used cheddar).
- You need 1 of good sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce.
Croque Monsieur step by step
- Spread mustard on the bread. Make a sandwich with the sliced cheese and ham..
- Fit the sandwich into an ovenproof dish. I cut mine along the longer edge in half, you can also cut along the diagonal to make two triangles..
- Beat together the eggs, salt and milk, then pour the mixture over the sandwiches..
- Cover the dish and leave in the fridge overnight or for a while..
- Next morning or when you want to eat it, preheat the oven to 200degC. Take the dish out of the fridge and sprinkle the grated cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Bake for 25 mins..
- Garnish with some greens and serve warm. Enjoy with a café and dream away..
recipe by Kristin Toh @cookpad