Christi's Buttermilk Pie. Originally from the United Kingdom, it is now a traditional pie of the southern United States. It is similar to, and sometimes confused with, chess pie but it does not include cornmeal. Most famllys consider this pie their favorite.
A custardy pie that comes together quickly and easily with a light texture and a slight tangy flavor. I love serving it to my family after Sunday dinner. A traditional southern pie with a unique flavor all its own. You can have Christi's Buttermilk Pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Christi's Buttermilk Pie
- It’s 3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 6 of Egg yolks.
- It’s 6 of Egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Berries , I added a little shredded coconut to top mine off (optional).
It's simple to make and a favorite among country people. My granny always made this pie just. Pie should turn a nice golden brown and a knife inserted should come out clean. I think it is absolutely best when it is just still warm.
Christi's Buttermilk Pie step by step
- Some people prefer a densely prepared pie, so you may add a few more tablespoons of flour if it looks too watery, it does have a soupy consistency, don't be alarmed. Also, some ovens may require a longer cooking time..
- Cream together flour, sugar, and butter. Add egg yolks, vanilla and buttermilk. Beat egg whites and fold into mixture. Preheat at 300°F..
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Cover crust edges with foil, and remove to brown the last 10 or so minutes before finished cook at 300°F, 45-55 minutes..
This is seriously the easiest pie dough you will ever make or work with! Print Recipe Ravioli of fried Royans Prep. It is the perfect quick pie for a last minute. Place pie on oven rack; carefully tent whole pie with foil. This is a surprisingly easy filling to make, and you can use a frozen pie crust or homemade pastry in.