Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options.
You can make Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options
- You need of flax egg (1 teaspoon flax, 2 teaspoons water) (or 1/4 of an egg).
- Prepare of oil, I used safflower.
- It’s of vanilla.
- Prepare of grated carrot.
- Prepare of applesauce.
- Prepare of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of sugar (I used demerara).
- Prepare of coconut flakes (optional, will increase fat content).
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese.
- Prepare of soy milk.
- Prepare of maple sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Mix ground flax and water to form a flax egg. Let it sit for a minute, then add the oil and vanilla. Mix..
- Add the carrots, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix..
- In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly grease an oven safe mug. Spoon mixture into mug, pat down and smooth..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Then use a knife to work around the edge and remove the cake. Let cool completely..
- Mix the frosting ingredients and put frosting on cake. Enjoy!.
recipe by wgreen39 @cookpad