Chocolate layered Crepes Cake.
You can make Chocolate layered Crepes Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate layered Crepes Cake
- It’s of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus melted for pan.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of milk kept at room temperature.
- You need of large eggs at room temperature.
- Prepare of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of chocolate chips.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need of nutella.
- You need of Glaze.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- You need of light honey.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- You need of bittersweet chocolate chips.
Chocolate layered Crepes Cake instructions
- In a medium heat-proof bowl add ¼ cup water and the butter. Microwave in 30 second increase temperature until the butter is melted. Stir in chocolate until completely melted. Let cool..
- Meanwhile, whisk sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl..
- Gradually whisk in the flour until smooth. Whisk in one cup of the milk until smooth..
- Whisk in the rest of the milk. Whisk in the butter, water, chocolate mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight..
- When you’re ready to cook the crepe, lightly butter an 8-inch or 9-inch frying pan.Heat over medium heat until just starting to smoke. Remove pan from heat and pour 2-4 tablespoons batter into pan (depending on size of pan), swirling to cover bottom..
- Reduce heat to medium-low; return pan to heat.Cook, flipping once, until edges are golden and center is dry, about 30 seconds per side..
- Slide crepe onto a plate. Repeat process with remaining batter, coating pan with butter as needed. Crepe can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 or 2 hours but need to be completely cool before you can assemble the cake..
- To make the filling, beat the butter for several minutes, until very fluffy. Add 1 cup Nutella and beat for another couple of minutes.Beat well..
- To assemble, place one crepe on your cake platter. Spread with about 3 tablespoons filling..
- Top with another crepe. Continue layering with hazelnut filling and crepe using about all 20-30 crepe and ending with a crepe on top..
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the glaze. In the medium heat-proof bowl, melt cream, salt, honey and chocolate chips in 30 second..
- Let cool until still warm, but not hot. Spoon ½ cup glaze on top of the cake, spreading to edges. Spread remaining glaze around sides of cake, coating completely..
- Refrigerate until glaze is firm and set. Slice it while still firm, but serve at room temperature..
recipe by Nazia Mazar Sayed @cookpad