Dates and Nuts Roll or Barfi.
You can make Dates and Nuts Roll or Barfi using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Dates and Nuts Roll or Barfi
- It’s of dates (use soft dates, they are easy to cut).
- Prepare of almond.
- It’s of cashew.
- It’s of walnut.
- It’s of pistachio.
- You need of ghee.
- It’s of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of khuskhus (poppy seeds).
Dates and Nuts Roll or Barfi instructions
- First of all chop almond, walnut, cashew and pistachio and keep it aside. Roughly chop the dates and discard their seeds. I am using Medjool dates, they are soft and having caramel sort of taste which makes this burfi tastier. Grind them coarsely..
- In a pan dry roast all the chopped nuts into medium flame for few minutes. Now heat a nonstick pan on medium low flame and add ghee. Once it melts, add poppy seeds and stir continuously for few seconds..
- Now add grind dates, nuts and cardamom powder. Mix well and saute for another 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minutes switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down..
- When the mixture is cool enough to touch make a cylindrical shape by pressing with both hands. Coat this log with some poppy seeds and some chopped pistachio so that it covers the whole cylinder shape of the mixture..
- Now place this rolled burfi on aluminum foil sheet and wrap up tightly. Keep it in the fridge for an hour to set..
- After an hour when the rolled burfi is set, take them out of the fridge. Cut them into 1/2″ thick pieces..
- Khajur burfi or dates burfi or dates and nuts rolls are ready to serve..
recipe by Uzma Ahmad @cookpad