my buttermilk biscuits. See my trick to PERFECT biscuits with no fancy tools needed! I thought it was about time it was updated. For a flavor kick, try one of the four recipe variations.
Last week my mom was visiting from Manteca (the town where I grew up, about an hour away. The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down for many generations. —Fran Thompson, Tarboro, North Carolina. I'll never turn my back on those drop biscuits. You can have my buttermilk biscuits using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of my buttermilk biscuits
- It’s of buttermilk biscuits.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour all purpose sifted.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 4 tsp of shortening or butter.
It is the base for my pizza pie, gaining its inspiration from the Heirloom Tomato and Cheese Pie. This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern. I am the first one to commit the. Biscuits are one of my favorite things to bake often.
my buttermilk biscuits step by step
- preheat oven at 450, when preheated turn down the 400 to bake.
- Sifted flour ,baking powder ,salt and soda together.
- cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal..
- add the buttermilk and stir with a fork..
- turn onto a floured Board, knead lightly for few seconds..
- roll out to about 1/2 inch thickness. cut with biscuit cutter are a bottom of glass, place on baking sheet and place in oven bake until golden Brown. about 12 to 15 minutes..
- service well with butter ,jam or honey.