EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes.
You can cook EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of eggs (separated).
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
EZ Award Winning Buttermilk Pancakes instructions
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and white sugar in a medium mixing bowl..
- In smaller bowl wisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, whole milk, melted butter, vanilla and brown sugar..
- Mix yolk/milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined (will be slightly lumpy)..
- Wisk egg whites either by hand or mixer with wisk attachment until medium peaks form..
- Folk egg whites gently into batter. The egg whites shouldn't be fully incorporated into the batter..
- Heat a griddle until hot (about 350 – 375°). Add small amount of butter (approximately 1/2 tsp. per pancake) to the hot griddle, then pour 1/4 cup per pancake onto griddle. Make sure you leave enough room between cakes..
- Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake, lift pancake slightly, if golden brown, turn over. Cook until golden brown on remaining side..
- Serve with maple syrup..
- Note: makes approximately one dozen 6-inch pancakes..