Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes). Salmon Croquettes are a southern classic! Full of salmon, peppers, onions and seasoning, this versatile dish is sure to be loved by all! Some might even refer to them as salmon cakes or a salmon patty, like a crab cake, but with salmon!
Great recipe for Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes). I was literally raised on these. Just my spin on what my Grandmother and Mother, to this very day still makes. You can cook Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes)
- It’s 15 Ounce of Can Salmon (well drained).
- You need 1 of Small Onion (fine diced).
- Prepare 2 of Celery Stalks (fine diced).
- Prepare 1 of \2 Green Bell Pepper (fine diced).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 of Egg Slightly Beatened.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Worcester Sauce.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Seafood Seasoning (old bay).
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Sleeve Crushed Butter Crackers.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium to medium-high heat. Without crowding pan, cook patties until golden brown. Salmon Croquettes sound so fancy, but in reality, they are super easy to make!. Big chunks of fresh salmon are combined with breadcrumbs, herbs and seasonings and formed into patties.
Lee's Easy Salmon Patties (Cakes Croquettes) instructions
- Drain salmon well. Pick through and discard any unwanted bones..
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until soft. I use some butter and olive oil to do this..
- Fold in the rest of ingredients, saving the cracker crumbs and vegetable oil for last. Shape into patty's and coat the outside with the butter cracker crumbs. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up If using dried parsley, 1 teaspoon is plenty..
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. Enjoy. Note: These are best eaten hot and and fresh..
They can be baked or panfried. Deliciously crispy on the outside and flavorful on the inside, serve as a starter or as a light meal with a salad. How to Store and Reheat Salmon Patties. Salmon patties can be kept in the fridge and they freeze fairly well too. Individually wrap each patty and store it in an airtight container.