Chowder-Like Pasta with Spring Cabbage and Clams.
You can cook Chowder-Like Pasta with Spring Cabbage and Clams using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chowder-Like Pasta with Spring Cabbage and Clams
- It’s 100 grams of Your favorite pasta (1.4 mm Spaghetti is used in this photo).
- You need 1 of as many (to taste) Manila clams.
- It’s 3 of leaves Spring Cabbage (cut into 3-4 cm squares).
- You need 1/4 of Garlic (coarsely chopped)…A.
- You need 1 of Bacon (cut into desired sizes)…A.
- It’s 1 clove of Bacon (coarsely chopped)…A.
- You need 30 ml of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Cake flour.
- It’s 30 ml of White wine (sake is OK too).
- You need 150 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 ml of Heavy cream (if you don't have any, increase the amount of milk to 200 ml).
- It’s 170 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of or 1 dash over 1 cube Consommé bouillon.
- You need 1 of Salt…B.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper…B.
- You need 1 of Peppercorn.
Chowder-Like Pasta with Spring Cabbage and Clams step by step
- Prepare the clams by "de-gritting & de-salting" and rinse the shells well to remove any slime or dirt. Do the de-salting especially well if you dig the clams from the ocean..
- Please de-grit & de-salt well, or it will change the taste..
- Cut up the ingredients A as I noted above..
- In a large pot, bring 3 litters of water to a boil for the pasta. Once it is close to boiling, add 2 tablespoon of salt (makes 1% salted water)..
- The amount of the salt put in at Step 4 determines the taste of the pasta. Please be precise. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to very low heat and have it standing by..
- Add the butter, onion, and bacon from Step 3 into a skillet. Season it with the ingredients B and sauté them over medium heat. Do not burn them..
- When the onion from Step 6 becomes translucent, turn off the heat. Add the flour and mix well..
- Turn on the heat again to low and sauté the ingredients from Step 7 without burning it. They should come together like in the photo..
- Add milk into Step 8, small amount at a time. Combine well after each time you add the milk. The photo shown here is after 80 ml of milk was added..
- Once all the milk is added, pour in water and the consommé bouillon. When it comes to a boil, turn off the heat immediately..
- In a separate pan over low heat, sauté the garlic from Step 3 in olive oil until fragrant..
- When the garlic from Step 11 is golden brown and fragrant, add the clams and the spring cabbage. Season it with the B ingredients and sauté it lightly..
- Before garlic and the cabbage are burned, pour in white wine and cover the skillet. Braise them over slightly higher than low heat..
- Meanwhile, put the pasta into the Step 5 water and boil it until 30 seconds to 1 minutes shorter than the suggested cooking time, so the pasta is still a little hard. Cook it over low heat..
- When the clams from Step 13 open and the cabbage is tender, add all the ingredients in the Step 10 skillet. Bring it to a boil and stop the heat..
- Add the drained pasta and heavy cream in the Step 15 skillet and cook it over medium-low heat. Add the ingredients B to adjust the taste..
- When the soup in Step 16 skillet comes to a boil, turn off the heat, serve it onto a plate, sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper, and it is done..
- The wonderful flavor comes out from clams and cabbage and make the soup delicious. Just one dish is very satisfying. Enjoy the spring!.
- Is a recipe for "Clam Chowder-Like Cream Pasta" that you can eat all year around. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155812-clam-chowder-like-cream-pasta.