A simple home made mawe tatu cake. Come let us bake The famous mawe tatu(Three stones) cake has been going round the internet for sometime. I decided to try it out and the results were amazing. Easy way to bake a cake using a jiko.
Mawe tatu cake cooking recipe: Cakes play an important role in Kenyan kitchens. They are mostly served on special occasions such as weddings and birthday parties but there are also those for everyday snacking. So if you don't own an oven yet and would like experiment with cakes, this simple recipe is just for you. You can cook A simple home made mawe tatu cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of A simple home made mawe tatu cake
- Prepare 2 cups of flour(self raising).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of pckt of milk.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 250 g of Chocolate.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Margarine.
See great recipes for A simple home made mawe tatu cake, "Mawe tatu" carrot cake too! Mawe tatu cake Easy to bake at the comfort of your kitchen. Once your bigger sufuria (mawe tatu) is hot place your sufuria kwa moto. How to Bake a Cake Using a Jiko.
A simple home made mawe tatu cake step by step
- Put the margarine in a bowl and mix with sugar. Mix till its whitish.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and use a whisk to stir.
- Add the flour and stir until its well mixed.
- Add milk to the mixture and stir until the whole mixture is light.
- Divide the mixture into two portions..in two separate bowls. In one bowl, add chocolate and star until its distributed evenly to the whole mixture. Don't add chocolate in the other bowl..
- Put three stones and two jugs of water in one big sufuria and let it heat for 5 minutes..
- Emmerse in the sufuria with your dough mixture in the big sufuria and cover with a lid.
- Let it cook for 1½hours. Serve while hot with the drink of your choice..
If you don't have access to an oven, you can still make a cake in your jiko. Mix up your favorite batter such as whole-wheat cinnamon or vanilla and chocolate zebra. Light the charcoal in your jiko and. There's just something special about cake that is baked in the jiko. This mawe tatu cake is so easy to make and the perfect recipe for those who don't have an oven.