Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing.
You can have Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing
- You need of Granulated sugar-Cake.
- You need of Heaping choc Cocoa-Cake.
- You need of Eggs- beaten-Cake.
- It’s of All purpose flour-Cake.
- You need of Vanilla extract-Cake.
- It’s of Baking soda-Cake.
- Prepare of Salt-Cake.
- You need of Vegetable oil-Cake.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of UNSALTED Butter (do not substitute)-Cake.
- Prepare of Buttermilk-Cake.
- Prepare of Boiling water-Cake.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare of Heaping choc Cocoa-Icing.
- Prepare of Butter (do not sub)-Icing.
- It’s of Whole milk or 3 tbsp each of whole and buttermilk-Icing.
- Prepare of Chopped pecans/walnuts or candy bar (I didn't add them them this time)-Icing.
- Prepare of Powder confectioners sugar-Icing.
- You need of Vanilla extract-Icing.
Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and salt..
- In a saucepan on stove, melt together the butter, oil and cocoa. Add boiling water, stir then allow mixture to boil for a minute, then turn off heat. Pour it over your bowl of flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool..
- In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla..
- Pour buttermilk mixture into the chocolate mixture, and stir..
- Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes..
- Directions For the ICING: When cake is about 5 min from being done, start making the icing/frosting: It is important that your cake is still hot/warm when you pour the icing on it..
- Melt butter in another saucepan. Add cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir together until smooth..
- Add the pecans/nuts, stir together, and pour and spread over warm cake. Let cool for a little bit on counter..
- A pic of it sliced..
recipe by LISA DUNSON @cookpad