Light Mousse Cake with Peach.
You can have Light Mousse Cake with Peach using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Light Mousse Cake with Peach
- It’s 200 grams of Double cream.
- Prepare 400 of grams, drained ※Peach compote https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/149490-peach-compote.
- It’s 40 grams of ※Sugar (fine granulated sugar).
- You need 1 tbsp of ※Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ※Peach liqueur or any liqueur you like.
- It’s 10 grams of Gelatin Powder.
- It’s 60 ml of Syrup from the peach compote.
- You need 1/2 of Peach compote, cut into 1 cm cubes.
- You need 1 of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Store-bought Sponge cake (3 x 18 x 1 cm thickness).
Light Mousse Cake with Peach instructions
- Make peach compote the day before. Refer to: Peach compote https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/149490-peach-compote.
- Slice the spongecake 1 cm thick, and cut to cover the mould. Line the mould with the prepared spongecake and brush with the peach compote syrup (not listed)..
- Cut the spongecake to make a lid over the mousse. Brush the sides, which will touch the mousse with the syrup..
- Mix the gelatin powder and 60 ml of compote syrup to soften. Dissolve the gelatin over a bain-marie..
- Put the cream in a bowl and whip until ribbons form..
- Blitz the ※ ingredients into puree in a blender or mixer. Dissolve the sugar completely at this point..
- Add the dissolved gelatin powder and blitz again..
- Transfer into a bowl and put over a bowl with ice water. Stir until thickened..
- Add the cream from Step 4 and mix well with a balloon whisk..
- Pour 1/3 of the thickened mixture into a prepared mould and scatter 1/2 of peach compote. Pour 1/3 of the mixture on top and scatter the rest of the peach compote..
- Pour the rest of the mixture and lid with the 2 prepared sponge. Press gently over the cake and chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours..
- I used uneven leftover cake as a lid after cutting so as to cover the mould first. It doesn't look so pretty, but the lid will be at the bottom, so it's not noticeable..
- I think a small cup of filling will be left. Chill in a cup..
- After the mousse is set, flip over the mould and remove. Sprinkle icing sugar on top with a tea strainer..
- I used 1.5 servings of peach compote for the mousse and used another 1/2 for the cubes. It was a quite big peach and I used 2..
- If you use small peaches use 3..
- You can make peach compote with either red or white wine. I like it with red wine because it gives a lovely pink hue to the mousse..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad