Eggless walnut and Almond cake.
You can make Eggless walnut and Almond cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggless walnut and Almond cake
- You need 1 cup of Maida.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped nuts.
- It’s as required of (walnut, almond, cashewnut, raisins).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Oil.
- You need as per your taste of Chocolate sauce for decorating.
Eggless walnut and Almond cake step by step
- Add some salt or sand at the bottom of a pressure cooker and preheat the cooker in medium flame for 15 minutes. Place a stand in the salt to elevate the height..
- Take a bowl and seive the dry ingredients that's Maida, caster sugar, baking soda, baking powder into the bowl. This allows even mixing of dry ingredients. Also add the Chopped almond, walnut Cashew and raisins to the bowl. Give a good mix..
- Add the wet ingredients to the cake mix one by one. Curd, milk, oil, vanilla essence. Mix well to form a batter. Use cut and fold method for mixing the batter..
- Grease a bowl with oil and dust with Maida to form a coating on all sides of the bowl. This step is crucial as it avoids cake from sticking to the bowl when unmoulding the baked cake..
- Add the cake mix to the bowl. Place the bowl on the stand inside the cooker. Note that the bowl should not touch the sides of the cooker. Remove the gasket and close the lid of the cooker. Keep low flame and cook the cake for 50-55 minutes. Don't open the lid for minimum 30 minutes. Then open the lid and check the consistency..
- Closed the lid and Let it bake for another 15-20 minutes till the cake is completely cooked. Poke a knife into the baked cake,if it comes out clean then your cake is baked to perfection..
- Remove the bowl from the cooker and let it cool down to room temperature. Demould the cake when cooled..
- Serve your cake with some drizzled chocolate sauce..
recipe by Ramalakshmi sundararajan @cookpad