Jamaican Christmas Cake. A Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. This dark and spongy cake is a labor of love that is rich in flavors from rum soaked fruits. Jamaican cake is a deliciously spiced, warming bake that is perfect for the colder months.
Jamaican Christmas cake, which is also referred to as Jamaican black cake has long been the most popular Jamaican dessert in Jamaica. Jamaican black cake is thought to be derived from the British. A dark, rich fruit cake for wine and fruit lovers! You can make Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of currants.
- You need 1/2 cup of dates.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- You need 1 cup of dark molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbs of browning.
- It’s 1 tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 9 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
This is a recipe I use at Christmas and for Birthdays. I prefer to use Jamaican Red Label Wine and White Rum. But you may use your Favorites. If the cake dries out, just pour more rum over the top.
Jamaican Christmas Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.
Preparation/cooking time does not include standing time or the alternative method of. The Traditional Jamaican Black Cake is preferred and baked by most Jamaicans during the Christmas season. As with cooking, every Jamaican has a slightly different recipe which still turns. Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake'. The preparation is certainly not as difficult as you might have initially This fruit cake is a delicacy at Christmas time in Jamaica.