Great Grandma's Carrot Cake.
You can have Great Grandma's Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Great Grandma's Carrot Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 of Eggs beaten.
- It’s 3 cup of Grated carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need of Icing.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 lb of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
Great Grandma's Carrot Cake instructions
- Set out butter and cream cheese to soften..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Pour beaten eggs over dry ingredients, do not stir..
- Add oil and beat until combined then add carrots and best until throughly distributed..
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes..
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until blended then slowly add powdered sugar until all sugar is added and icing is smooth. Add desired amount of nuts..
- Ice the cake about 10 – 15 minutes after baking to allow icing to melt and set properly..
- Allow cake to cool and serve..
recipe by Nick_35745 @cookpad