Spicy pumpkin soup. Quick and easy spicy pumpkin soup made with pumpkin purée, onions, fresh ginger, chicken stock, cream, and a mixture of curry, cumin, and coriander. Reviews for: Photos of Spicy Pumpkin Soup. Spicy Pumpkin Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
This Spicy Pumpkin Soup recipe is satisfying and healthy, bold and rich with southwest flavor. Made silky smooth without cream, my vegan and gluten free pumpkin soup is a comfort to the soul. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! You can make Spicy pumpkin soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Spicy pumpkin soup
- It’s 1 of whole pumpkin, cubed.
- You need 2 of potatoes, cubed.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, quartered.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Vege or chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder or flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 can of coconut cream.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of chilli.
- Prepare of Spring onion/shallots.
- It’s of grated parmesan.
A super fast and easy Spicy Coconut and Pumpkin Soup. I sprinkled a little crushed red pepper on top, drizzled some sriracha and plain yogurt, and added some pepitas that I found in my pantry. This delicious spicy pumpkin soup is an autumnal dish you'll love to try for lunch, starter or dinner. Instead of typical pumpkin pie spices, cumin and cayenne pepper lend a smoky, spicy flavor.
Spicy pumpkin soup step by step
- Wash and pre all veges.
- Put all veges, garlic, chilli powder and onion powder in a large pot with enough stock to just cover bring to the boil then reduce heat and leave to simmer for 30 mins.
- Once all veges are cooked and soft take a few big spoonfuls of the liquid out and either stick mix till smooth or use a blender..
- Once smooth with no lumps add in coconut and stir. Add back to a low heat..
- Thinly slice spring onions and chilli. Put a bit of parmesan on top of soup once served then top with sliced chilli and spring onion can also add sour cream..
Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! Pumpkin is a super-rich source of both beta-carotene and alpha-carotene, two hard-working In a blender, blend soup in batches until smooth. Strain the stock then return to the pan and keep warm. This soup gets its spiciness from a few places. There's a little bit of a few things like curry powder, red pepper flakes and a It'll be a memorable one.