Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed). Although simplicity is key in this recipe, its different ingredients will make it very unique. Some walnuts, oats, whole wheat flour and a touch of cinnamon (and a special spice) will transform your experience with Banana Cake and make you wonder why Banana Bread is even a. Learn how to make this fluffy vanilla cake, filled with bananas and chocolate chunks, topped with a crunchy and delicious oat flour crumble.
It's the perfect way to use up any overripe bananas, and is ridiculously easy. It's also easy to transport and serve. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. You can have Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed) using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed)
- Prepare 2 of ripe large bananas.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla liquid.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 100 gr of sultanas.
- Prepare 100 gr of walnuts (lightly crushed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- You need of Margarine.
Slice it up and serve with coffee or tea. I have another birthday cake order, and a banana cake was requested. This cake is perfect for morning or afternoon tea. It's light and moist and jolly easy to make.
Banana and walnut cake (no mixer needed) step by step
- Firstly coat the baking tray with margarine, put aside..
- Preheat the oven 180°C..
- Prepare 2 bowls, mix flour, salt, and baking powder in one bowl..
- Mix egg, canola oil, sugar, and vanilla liquid in another bowl. Mix them well with fork..
- Pour the egg mixture into flour mixture, mix them well..
- Add milk and Greek yoghurt, mix them well..
- Add sultanas and walnuts, mix them well..
- Mash bananas using a fork, add them into the batter and mix them well..
- Pour the batter into baking tray, spread it well..
- Bake it for 25 mins or until it turns golden..
- Banana and walnut cake is ready to enjoy. This recipe is also can be used for banana muffin..
recipe by Aini @cookpad
For best results, make sure the bananas are overripe. Add the eggs, milk, bananas, walnuts and then self-rising flour, stirring after each ingredient. You can puree them in a blender if the apple pieces are too big. Whole Wheat Banana & Walnut Cake. This Vegan Banana Walnut Cake recipe is a staple birthday cake in my family.