Asian Style Coconuts and Kabocha Squash Pudding.
You can make Asian Style Coconuts and Kabocha Squash Pudding using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Style Coconuts and Kabocha Squash Pudding
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need of after heating up in a microwave and strained. Kabocha squash.
- It’s of Egg.
- Prepare of Soft light brown sugar.
- You need of Soy milk.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- You need of amount, (as needed) Cinnamon powder.
- It’s of [Caramel Sauce].
- It’s of Soft light brown sugar.
- You need of Water.
- You need of [Others].
- Prepare of Low fat heavy cream.
- You need of Mint leaves or pistachio.
- Prepare of amount Butter to coat the cake pan.
Asian Style Coconuts and Kabocha Squash Pudding step by step
- The kabocha squash. Cut it roughly, cover with cellophane wrap and heat it up in a microwave to soften Then remove the skin and pass it through a sieve..
- While cooling down the pumpkin…coat the molds lightly with butter..
- Throw sugar in a pan, and heat it up on a bit high heat. Keep shaking the pan while heating and melt the sugar. When it starts to bubble and it smells like it is burning, throw in 1 tablespoon of water..
- ←It will sizzle when you add the water ～～～! so don't be surprised ; Soon after, remove the pan from the heat and stir..
- Pour it into the molds..
- Put coconut milk and soy milk in another pan and heat up until it's right about to boil. Then remove the pan off from the heat. Add sugar and let it melt completely. After melting the sugar completely, let it sit to cool down..
- Beat the egg well and strain it if you have time. Mix the egg with the coconut milk and soy milk mixture..
- ←Add the mixture to the strained kabocha squash a little at a time and mix to make it smooth. Add cinnamon and mix well. When the mixture is mixed evenly, pour the mixture into the molds..
- Cover with cellophane wrap and put it into a steaming steamer on low heat. Steam for about 20 minutes for a small cup. When your are using a big mold, steam for about 40 minutes..
- It's ready when you can stick a bamboo skewer into the pudding and it comes out clean. Cool down slightly and chill in the refrigerator for one day This is important..
- When you are going to eat it, use a low fat heavy cream without sweetening. Whip up the cream softly and enjoy it together..
- Ready, set, go! A huge and heavy pudding. It's more than a pudding…..
- but more like a very moist soft fluffy cake..
- For a big cake mold, turn the mold upside down, then it will come out of the mold slowly You can take it as a gift with the pudding in the cake mold, and take the cream with you separately It's Halloween after all..
- Additional note. I didn't want to strain it today….so I changed the straining and mixing process, as follows..
- Heat up the kabocha squash and mash it up. Let it cool down and then put it through a blender with beaten eggs..
- Mix coconut milk and soy milk together. Add sugar to melt and then let it cool. Add Step 16 to the mixture. Mix well and scoop off the foam forming on the surface. This would be fine too..
- I changed the picture. This is using a round container and steaming it. Decorate with some whipped cream..
- I also decorated it with thinly sliced and diced kabocha squash simmered in orange curaçao and sugar. It's easy but it looks pretty, right ?.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad