Aunt Penny's Cranberry Salad. Put orange and cranberries through food processor and pulse as you would cole slaw — don't puree. I do about a cup of cranberries and a wedge of orange per batch in my VitaMix blender. Pour results into a large bowl.
A delicious mixture of fresh homemade cranberry sauce combined with pecans, coconut, marshmallows and pineapple. Staff Recipes: Aunt Jan's Cranberry Salad. Courier & Press staffers share their favorite holiday dish and the tradition behind it. You can make Aunt Penny's Cranberry Salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aunt Penny's Cranberry Salad
- It’s 1 packages of Fresh Cranberries.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Pecans, Chopped.
- Prepare 1 box of Red Jello such as raspberry.
- Prepare 20 oz of Can of Crushed Pineapple, drained.
- You need 1 can of Mandarin Oranges, drained.
- It’s 1 box of Marshmallow Cream.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened.
- You need 8 oz of Cool Whip.
Abbey Doyle's family enjoys each other's company and holiday food (including her Aunt Jan's cranberry salad.) Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without Aunt Peggy's Fresh Cranberry Salad! This is a family recipe you are going to want to save! See more ideas about Food, Recipes, Cooking recipes. This recipe has not been reviewed.
Aunt Penny's Cranberry Salad step by step
- Boil cranberries with 1/2 cup of water until skins pop..
- Remove from heat and add the sugar, pecans, Jello packet, pineapple, and oranges. Mix well and pour into serving dish..
- Chill cranberry mixture for at least 4 hours..
- Combine the cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and Cool Whip with mixer until well mixed..
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cranberry mixture..
- Sprinkle with extra chopped pecans, if desired..
- Serve cold..
We love this as a nice fresh side with turkey dinner! דפיםדמות ציבוריתבלוגרSpend With PenniesסרטוניםCranberry Waldorf Salad. This cranberry salad has been on every holiday table I can remember, and its origins are lost in time—I'm not sure if it was a I usually eat this with the main portion of my Thanksgiving meal, but as I double the recipe and make it from the time ripe cranberries appear in the stores until they no longer. Cranberry Salad is one of my favorites for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I have made my mother in law's cranberry fluff a time or two and I This year I decided to use my mom's recipe. When I called for the ingredients, she told me the recipe was actually from my great- aunt Zoe, which made.