Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs. Finally—good hors d'oeuvre recipes that don't take all day to prep! Look through our pinwheels, deviled eggs, bruschetta and other ideas. These cute little sausage and bacon bites are finger-licking good.
Discover hors d'oeuvres and hot appetizers that will be perfect your next party or holiday feast. Serve this communal hors d'oeuvre with warm slices of baguette or country bread. We love the combination of buttery puff pastry with tangy sauerkraut and the subtle heat of mustard. You can have Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs
- Prepare of As reference ♡ (4 types of fillings).
- Prepare 3 of ✩Egg (Medium).
- It’s 6 of ✩Shrimp.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ✩Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of ✩Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 slice of ★Smoked salmon.
- You need 6 of to 8 tablespoons ★Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of ★Black pepper.
- It’s 4 slice of ○Cured ham.
- It’s 3 of ○Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of ○Cucumber.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ○Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of ○Herb salt.
- It’s 1/2 of ●Avocado.
- You need 4 stick of ●Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ●Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of ●Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For the choux pastry (or use your favorite recipe):.
- It’s 75 ml of Water.
- Prepare 35 grams of Baking margarine.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cake flour (sifted).
- It’s 2 of Eggs (medium).
Looking for the perfect bite-size snacks? My mom made these puffs for a cocktail party she threw back in the seventies. Back when Danskin trousers and brown leather clogs ruled the day. For an extra indulgent hors d'oeuvre, top this shortbread with smoked salmon and caviar, and serve with glasses of Champagne.
Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs step by step
- Sift the cake flour. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392 F)..
- Put the water, margarine and salt in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let the liquid emulsify..
- Turn the heat off, and add all the sifted cake flour at once while mixing rapidly with a wooden spatula. Knead the dough well with the spatula..
- Heat the pan again while kneading the dough with the spatula. When the pastry comes together in one mass, and the pan is coated with a thin film, turn the heat off. *Don't stop mixing while the pastry is cooking!.
- Beat the eggs well, and add 1/4 of it to the pan. Mix rapidly. Add the rest of the beaten egg in 3 batches. Add the last batch a little at a time..
- When some of the pastry dripped from the spatula forms a thick triangle shape as shown here, stop adding any more egg..
- I had about this much beaten egg left over this time. This will be used later so keep it in reserve..
- Fit a 1 cm round tip on a piping bag, and put the pastry in the bag..
- Pipe out 2 cm diameter dollops of the pastry 2 cm apart on a lined baking tray. Brush with the leftover beaten egg..
- Bake in a 200°C (392 F) oven for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 160°C (320 F) and bake for another 10 minutes. Leave the puffs in the oven for 5 minutes after they are baked..
- Take them out of the oven, and leave them on the baking tray to cool. They will have puffed up to about 4 cm. When they are cool, cut them about 1/3 of the way from the top..
- The ☆ filling: Boil the egg and shrimp. Chop the egg finely and cut the shrimp into 1cm pieces. Mix together with mayonnaise and salt and pepper..
- The ★ filling: Cut the smoked salmon slices in half. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Fold the smoked salmon over and sprinkle with black pepper..
- The ○ filling: Cut the cured ham into 2-3cm pieces. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Cut the cucumber into 5mm dice. Mix them all with olive oil and herb salt..
- The ● filling: Cut the crabsticks into 1cm pieces. Cut the avocado into 1cm dice. Combine with mayonnaise and salt and pepper..
- Potato salad should work as a nice filling too. Try a delicious paté as a filling too, and have fun!.
These flaky cheese-flavored pastries melt in your mouth. Cocktail Party Hors d'Oeuvres. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. This is a list of choux pastry dishes. Choux pastry, or pâte à choux, is a light pastry dough that contains only butter, water, flour and eggs. The high moisture content of the dough causes it to produce steam when cooked, which puffs the pastry.