Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries.
You can make Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 2 cup of Cranberry juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Dried cranberries.
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/4 of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 6 of Egg whites.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coconut extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of Unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 2 lb of Powered sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Unsweetened coconut milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Flaked coconut, toasted.
- It’s 1 cup of Walnuts, chopped & toasted.
Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries step by step
- preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit. grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans..
- In medium saucepan bring cranberry juice to boil. Add dried cranberries and return to boiling. reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute remove from heat. let stand while preparing cake then drain..
- in medium bowl combine flour ,baking powder ,baking soda and salt. in large bowl combine 3/4 cup butter and granulated sugar. beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in egg whites, vanilla, 1/2 tsp coconut extract. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk until combined. Divide evenly among cake pans..
- bake cake layers on 2 racks in center of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each layer comes out clean. Cool completely..
- for frosting in a large bowl beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in coconut milk, and extract, add remaining powder sugar until fluffy..
- Place layer on cake plate. Spread frosting. Sprinkle with cranberries. Place second layer on top of filling, spread more frosting, top with walnuts, and coconut. Top with last cake layer, spread remaining frosting. Top with remaining coconut and walnuts..
recipe by Mrsbossbentley @cookpad