Super Easy Bacon-wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu.
You can have Super Easy Bacon-wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Bacon-wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Prepare 1 packages of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 1 packages of thin deli sliced ham (or turkey).
- It’s 1 packages of sliced swiss (or provolone).
- It’s 1 packages of bacon.
- Prepare of garlic pepper (or favorite seasoning ).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
Super Easy Bacon-wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Use a broiler safe dish to bake & broil the chicken in..
- Take 1/2 slice of cheese and place it in center of a slice of ham and wrap in 3rds. Lay along with the chicken tender and wrap with a slice of bacon. Place in dish with ham side up. Continue with as many pieces as you want to make. I made 15 pieces in a 13×11 baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic pepper or seasoning of choice..
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes..
- While chicken is baking, make the sauce..
- Begin by mixing the flour with the melted butter and let cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes to cook out the flour taste. Using a whisk, stir in the lemon juice first. Slowly add in the cream then thin out with the milk. You may not need the entire cup of milk to reach your desired consistency. It needs to be a medium thick but not clumpy and not runny consistency. Stir in the rest of the sauce ingredients..
- After baking chicken for 25 minutes, remove the grease with a syringe and turn the oven to broil, also you may want to turn the heat up to 400°F, or slightly higher depending on your oven, to crisp up the bacon for about 10 minutes..
- After the bacon is cooked to desired crispiness, pour sauce over each chicken piece and broil again for another 5 minutes or until starting to brown on top. Be careful to watch as you don't want to scorch the sauce. You may need to remove more grease again before adding the sauce..
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve. Veggie quinoa or roasted veggies pair well with this dish. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360004-veggie-or-quinoa-rice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347369-roasted-bacon-onion-veggies-brussel-sprouts.
recipe by Brenda @cookpad