Beef and Onion in Gravy. I double this super recipe to feed our family of four so I'm sure to have leftovers to send with my husband to work for lunch. Delicious creamy mushroom and beef goodness! I didn't have onion soup mix on hand so made my own and added some thyme because it sang out for some.
Probably from us kids running in and out nonstop. Hamburger steak and gravy is exactly that way. Just beef, broth, spices onions, and flour. You can make Beef and Onion in Gravy using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beef and Onion in Gravy
- Prepare 1 kg of Minced Steak.
- It’s 2 of Large Onions (finely diced).
- You need 1 Cup of Peas.
- It’s 1 Cup of finely diced carrots.
- It’s 1 Cup of Frozen Sweetcorn.
- Prepare 1 litre of Water.
- You need 3 of Beef Stock Cubes.
- It’s 1 of Chicken Stock Cube.
- You need 4 tsp of thickener (ie. Flour or cornflour).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need of Gravy Browning.
Flavorful beef stock serves double-duty in this tasty recipe as it is used as a basting sauce for the roast and to make the savory onion-studded pan gravy. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and remaining black pepper to the pan. Cook and stir until the onion is tender-crisp, scraping up the browned bits. Beef olives are little beef parcels of meaty goodness cooked in gravy.
Beef and Onion in Gravy step by step
- Gently fry off the onions on a low heat until softened..
- Add beef and fry until cooked.
- Add 1 Cup Peas, 1 Cup Sweetcorn, 1 Cup finely Chopped Carrots..
- Dissolve stock Cubes (3 Beef & 1 Chicken) in 1 litre of hot water. Add to Beef..
- Simmer for 15 mins..
- Add gravy Browning according to required colour..
- Mix thickener (of choice) with a little water and pour into the meat and veg mix. Allow to simmer and thicken. You can add more or less thickener according to preference. Stir gently to prevent sticking..
- Add 1/4 tsp Salt & 1/4 tsp Pepper (according to taste)..
- Serve with mashed potato, as a pie filling, or Cottage Pie filling..
You'll need some kitchen string to secure the mushroom stuffing. Tie with kitchen string, and season with salt and pepper. Heat a little more oil in a pan and fry until golden-brown all over. Add the onions and cook until they have. I set out to make a beef tips and gravy recipe that was almost as easy, but I wanted to do it without condensed soup.