Ham and Bean Soup.
You can make Ham and Bean Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ham and Bean Soup
- You need 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- It’s 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Ham and Bean Soup instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
recipe by jason williams @cookpad