Simple Lemon Cake. Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Lemon Cake Recipes. Simple ingredients combine in this lemon cake dessert for incredibly flavorful results, making it a perfect choice for summer picnics or parties. Lemon Fiesta Cake "This was a big brunch hit!
It goes great with coffee and is quick and easy to make." – Cookin Mama. Lemon Polenta Cake "This is a delicious gluten-free lemon cake. Whole lemons are the base of this rich, citrusy simple lemon cake batter. You can make Simple Lemon Cake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Simple Lemon Cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil or melted margarine.
- You need 2 tsp of freshly,grated lemon zest.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of desiccated coconut(optional).
- You need of WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter,softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 4 oz of white chocolate,melted and cooled.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of whipping cream.
Precooking the fruit removes the pucker and makes for an intensely flavored cake that's a family-friendly dessert. Precooking the fruit removes the pucker and makes for an intensely flavored cake that's a family-friendly dessert. Not only are these homemade lemon cake layers delicious, but a simple lemon curd filling and lemon cream cheese frosting bring a triple dose of lemon to this fantastic dessert! I love lemony desserts and am always looking for an excuse to make this cake!
Simple Lemon Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F F/177 degrees C..
- Grease and line of 8-9 round baking pan.set aside..
- In a mixing bowl,sift the flour,baking soda,baking powder,sugar and salt..
- Combine flour mixture,water,eggs,lemon juice,lemon zest,vegetable oil and buttermilk. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds..
- Scrape sides and continue beating for 2 minutes at medium speed or beat by hand using a wire whisk for 3 minutes..
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean.(let cool for 10 minutes)..
- For the white chocolate frosting: Using hand mixer,beat the butter and powdered sugar at low speed until fluffy.Add the melted chocolate and whipping cream to the butter mixture and beat until the mixture comes together, about 3-4 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use, about 10-15 minutes.Spread evenly over topping of cool cake then sprinkle some desiccated coconut if desired.Refrigerate at least an hour before serving..
Over the years, this scratch lemon cake recipe has become one of our most popular on our site. I love lemon cake and am somewhat of a lemon cake snob. Must be lemony with right mix of sweet/tart. Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven. This moist Lemon Cake Recipe is fluffy, tangy and so easy to make from scratch!