S'ikil Pak – Pumpkin Seed Dip – Vegan.
You can cook S'ikil Pak – Pumpkin Seed Dip – Vegan using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of S'ikil Pak – Pumpkin Seed Dip – Vegan
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds).
- You need 3 of tomatillos.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro (coriander).
- Prepare 1 of chile pepper (optional if you do not want a spicy dip).
- You need 1 of salt, to taste.
S'ikil Pak – Pumpkin Seed Dip – Vegan step by step
- This is a Mayan dish from the Yucatan..
- Roast the onion, garlic, tomatillos, and chile pepper. This can be done on a grill (preferred) or in an oven at 350°F until skins show signs of browning/charring..
- In a large skillet, roast the pumpkin seeds, stirring frequently to prevent burning. When seeds start to puff up a bit, remove them from the heat..
- Remove vegetables from grill/oven. Allow to cool..
- In a food processor or blender, grind cooled pumpkin seeds..
- Put onion, garlic and cilantro in blender/food processor with seeds. Blend in..
- Cut tomatillos in half. Remove seeds and pulp. Flip over, remove charred skin. Add to blender/food processor. Blend in..
- Taste the dip. Decide the amount of salt you may want to add. Use no more than a teaspoon..
- Carefully cut open chile pepper, removing stem, seeds, and ribs. Flip over and remove charred skin. Place in blender..
- Wash hands after handling chile pepper. After adding salt and chile peppers, blend thoroughly..
- Serve in a bowl. Dip can be eaten with tortilla chips, flarbreads or crackers. Serve with cucumber slices for a grain free option..
- Substitutions: For a red version, use Roma tomatos instead of tomatillos. If you prefer a more mild dip, use a dash of paprika instead of a chile pepper..
recipe by bluberry @cookpad