Vegan Zebra Cake.
You can have Vegan Zebra Cake using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Zebra Cake
- Prepare of Cake Batter.
- You need 250 g of AP flour.
- Prepare 80 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 80 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 7 g of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 220 ml of vegan buttermilk (soy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar).
- Prepare 70 g of neutral oil.
- It’s of Vanilla Batter.
- You need 1 packet of vanilla sugar (7,5g).
- Prepare of Chocolate Batter.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, unsweetened.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy milk.
- It’s of Chocolate Ganache.
- It’s 100 g of dark chocolate, chopped.
- You need 50 g of soy milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Vegan Zebra Cake step by step
- Whisk all dry ingredients for the cake batter (flour, both types of sugar, salt, baking powder and soda)..
- Add wet ingredients for the cake batter (vegan buttermilk and oil)..
- Put approximately 1/3 of the batter in a separate bowl. Add in chocolate batter ingredients (cocoa powder and soy milk). Set aside..
- In the mixing bowl with 2/3 of the batter, add vanilla sugar. Adjust consistency with soy milk if needed. Both batters must have same consistency..
- In a parchment-lined round cake pan, add barely enough vanilla batter to cover bottom of the pan. Then, in the center of the vanilla batter, add a few tbsp of chocolate batter, don't go to the edge. Repeat steps until you run out of batter..
- Bake at 180°C for 25 min or until you insert a toothpick in the cake and it comes out clean..
- For the ganache: melt chocolate combined with milk in microwave at 30 sec increments. Stir in between. Add salt. Pour over your cake. Smooth out quickly with a spoon. Let cool and enjoy :).
recipe by red.queen @cookpad