Russian-style Pancake. This traditional Russian pancakes (blini) recipe is a pearl of Russian cuisine. The ingredients of wheat flour, milk, and eggs, though humble, create the foundation of something incredible. These filled pancakes are served during Russia's Pancake Week (Maslenitsa) celebration before Lent begins.
The cheese used to make them is called tvorog, the closest in the US would be farmer's cheese or quark. This is a Russian pancake recipe that I learned from a Russian friend. You may feel the heat is too high, but it should be fine. You can cook Russian-style Pancake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Russian-style Pancake
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 500 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 200 ml of Cake flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 of Butter.
- It’s of For the toppings.
- You need 1 of Sour cream or whipped cream.
- Prepare 1 of Strawberry jam.
- It’s 1 of Fruits.
- Prepare 1 of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Ham.
Use a separate bowl for dry ingredients. It may seem unnecessary, but it prevents the batter from forming lumps. Recipe by taecal Russian Potato Pancakes – Draniki One of our favorite foods is draniki, Russian-style potato pancakes. Potatoes can be mashed, fried, baked, boiled, but however its prepared it is likely one of your top comfort food items.
Russian-style Pancake instructions
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, sugar and salt and mix well. In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour and baking powder..
- Pour the egg mixture little by little into the dry ingredients and mix well. Reversing the process (adding the dry ingredients into the egg mixture), causes lumps to form. So please be careful!.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 teaspoon of butter. As in the picture, leave the heat over high..
- Pour about a ladle-full of the batter from Step 2 into the skillet. Tilt the skillet quickly to spread the batter and cook it over medium heat until golden. Turn the pancake over..
- Once both sides of the pancake are browned as in the picture, move it to a plate and cook the next pancake. Add 1 teaspoon of butter for every 3 pancakes..
- Add your favorite toppings. This one has banana and ganache cream..
Draniki can be served in the morning with eggs or with salad for lunch. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Lightly oil the pan or spray with cooking spray. Get delicious and easy Potato Pancake Recipes to serve your family and friends from the chefs at Food Network. Russian pancakes are often eaten with various fillings and it's common to make a burrito-style wrap out of them.