Glazed Ham or Gammon.
You can cook Glazed Ham or Gammon using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Glazed Ham or Gammon
- It’s 1.200 g of raw ham joint,or salty Gammon.
- Prepare of Plenty of clean cold tap water.
- You need of Plenty of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare 100 g of Dijon Mustard,half of a 200g jar.
- Prepare 250 g of Unsalted Butter.
Glazed Ham or Gammon step by step
- Soak the raw Ham Joint in cold tap water so that it is well covered with water,I used a large – deep – cast Iron Spaghetti Pasta Saucepan – soak for 24 hours.Then rinse the ham joint,particularly if it's salt preserved raw Gammon of Ham – and then boil in the same large Saucepan – the ham joint – for 1 hour and 30 minutes..
- Set the oven at Gas Mark 4 and melt the 250g of Unsalted Butter (whole block usually).Place blanched ham joint in the deep Skillet of melted butter – pour Lyle's Golden Syrup over the One side of the ham joint and then spread 50g of Dijon Mustard over the top and then precede too do the same with the other side – don't baste – just place Kitchen Foil over the top and then bake at Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour..
- Remove foil from the meat,give a fresh Second glaze and then roast at Gas Mark 7 for 30 minutes – allow the whole cooked Ham Joint to rest for maybe 30 minutes and then either serve with a Roast Dinner,or leave in the Fridge overnight for making sandwiches the following day,or days..
recipe by Gary Waite @cookpad