Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites). Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat until you see hard peaks when lifting the mixer up. Take about ¼ of the egg whites and fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined. DIY JIGGLY Japanese Cotton CHEESECAKE Recipe
Get ready to whip a lot of egg whites to create this exciting jiggly texture as well as layer in flavors like cream cheese. Japanese Jiggly Cheesecake: This is my rendition of a longtime favourite fluffy souffle-style cheesecake I first had in Japan when I was a little kid. It's not traditionally called "Japanese Jiggly Cheesecake," but that's how my friends remember it and request it from me. You can have Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites)
- It’s 200 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 80 gr of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 180 gr of cream cheese (NO low fat).
- It’s 100 gr of cake flour.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 7 of egg whites (approximately 225 gr).
- You need 150 gr of sugar.
Step by step on how to make Fluffy and Light Japanese Cheesecake. I would like something very fluffy and light like a sponge cake but still tastes cheese in it. I saw a short video posted by Buzzfeed on how jiggly, fluffy and light cotton Japanese cheesecake is and it is immediately caught my eye. Wondering how to make jiggly cheesecake?
Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Fill a pan (diameter minimum 10 in) with water about 1/3 height. Put this pan in the oven while preheat the oven to 320°F. Prepare another pan diameter 8 in. Brush with butter then line the base and the side with parchment paper. Set aside..
- Put milk, butter and cream cheese in a heat-resistant bowl. Place this bowl on a pot filled with boiling water over low heat. Stir it until everything gets dissolved. remove the bowl and strain it to get smooth batter. Leave it to warm / not hot anymore..
- After the mixture gets cool down, add flour and vanilla. Stir until smooth..
- Beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Then, add the sugar in 3 batches. Beat on medium or medium high until soft peaks form..
- With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the cheese mixture in 3-4 batches..
- Pour the mixture into the pan that has been prepared. Put the pan in the oven by placing it in a pan filled with water. Bake for 70 – 85 minutes. Test with skewer to see if it's done. The skewer should come out clean..
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven, leave it for a few minutes then take the cake out from the pan. Leave it on the wire rack until it gets cool..
- Enjoy!!! It's so soft and fluffy..
Vijaya gets jiggly with it as she attempts the latest cheesecake trend from Japan. Whisk the egg yolks into cooled milk mixture. Sift flour and cornstarch over top, and whisk to combine. In a stand mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy and begin to hold shape. What you will end up with is a jiggly, fluffy cheesecake your family will fall in love with.