Dutch Oven Monte Cristo.
You can have Dutch Oven Monte Cristo using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dutch Oven Monte Cristo
- You need 7 of eggs.
- You need 10 of peices of bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shreeded chedder cheese.
- You need 6 of sliced deli style ham.
- It’s 4 tbsp of grape jelly.
- You need 1 of pancake syrup.
Dutch Oven Monte Cristo instructions
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Beat eggs and a splash of milk in a bowl big enough to dip bread in.
- Spray non stick spray or oil dutch oven or baking dish.
- Dip 5 peices bread in egg both sides and layer bottom of dutch oven or baking dish make sure you cover entire bottom. rip bread in peices if needed.
- Layer shreaded cheese over bread.
- And layer of deli ham.
- Spread grape jelly over ham (opitional).
- Repeat step 4 and cover bread with remaining egg.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or untill slightly golden brown. bottom will cook faster so check after 30 minutes and every 10 minutes untill done.
- Cover with pancake syrup and enjoy.
- Note. you may need to adjust recepie to dish size. I used a 10 inch dutch oven.
recipe by joshuamellor @cookpad