Too easy drunken beans.
You can have Too easy drunken beans using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Too easy drunken beans
- You need 1 of lbs. of dry pinto beans.
- Prepare 8 C. of water.
- Prepare 1 of smoked ham hock.
- You need 1 of lbs. of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 packs of onion soup mix.
- Prepare 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 t. of chipotle powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes w/ chili’s.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped chili’s.
- It’s 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 bottle of a medium dark beer.
- You need 5 inches of Enough water to cover all by at least.
- It’s of Garnishes: fresh pico, cheese, avocado, sour cream or creme fresh!.
Too easy drunken beans step by step
- Remove any foreign debris and any beans that are broken. Wash beans and cover with the 8C. Of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes and turn the heat off. Let the beans soak for an hr. w/lid. The soaked beans will double in size..
- Put everything in a tall pot fitted with a lid and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook on medium high heat for thirty minutes and then reduce the heat again to medium and continue to cook for another thirty minutes. Reduce the heat again to medium low and cook for another 5 or 6 hours until beans are tender but not mushy..
- Enjoy! Serve over rice to make a complete meal. Maybe bake some cornbread, too!.
recipe by Bevie @cookpad