You can have Gingerbreadman Cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Gingerbreadman Cookies
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour (or 2 cups AP flour & 1/4 wholewheat).
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened butter (I ran out and used 3 Tbsp butter and 4 Tbsp of plain yoghurt).
- It’s 3 tbsp of molasses (I couldnt find molasses so I used date syrup).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of cooking spray.
Gingerbreadman Cookies step by step
- To prepare cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, ginger, and next 5 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine brown sugar, butter, and molasses in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Divide dough in half (dough will be sticky). Gently press dough into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover with additional plastic wrap; chill 1 1/2 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll each portion of dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured work surface; cut with a 3-inch gingerbread man or woman cookie cutter to form 48 cookies. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack..
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, or ice with your favourite icing.
recipe by Taz @cookpad