Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins.
You can have Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins
- Prepare of MUFFINS.
- You need 1 of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- You need 3/4 cup of Light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 8 tbsp of cold salted butter, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- It’s 2/3 cup of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- Prepare of ICING/GLAZE.
- Prepare 1 of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
recipe by fenway @cookpad