Apple-walnut breakfast cake.
You can cook Apple-walnut breakfast cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple-walnut breakfast cake
- You need 1/2 cup of whole oat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole spelt flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground chia seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1 cup of plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped granny smith apples.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
Apple-walnut breakfast cake instructions
- Mix flours, Chia seeds, spices, baking soda, and oats together in one bowl..
- Mix yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs, and maple syrup in another bowl. Whisk until creamy and thick..
- Stir chopped apples into wet ingredients..
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredient mixture. Do not overmix..
- Stir in raisins and walnuts, mix gently until incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Pour batter into a buttered 9×11 cake pan. Batter will be fairly thick. Tap the pan a few times to spread the batter around in the pan..
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before slicing..
recipe by RachelLeah @cookpad