Easy Ice Cream Cake. Chocolate ice cream sandwich bars layered with chocolate fudge and frozen whipped topping with decorative chocolate sprinkles. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Ice Cream Cake. So you'll use a little more than half of the container for each ice cream layer.
This easy Ice Cream Cake is the perfect summer dessert! Loads of ice cream sits atop a fudgy brownie bottom and is piled high with hot fudge, salted caramel and whipping cream – so good! Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is delicious and EASY to make! You can cook Easy Ice Cream Cake using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Prepare 1 of Full box of chocolate zingers, unwapped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Ice cream (I used mint chocolate chip).
- Prepare 12 of Oreo cookies crushed, and divided.
- It’s 2 cup of Whipped topping.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mint extract, optional( if you're using a different kind of ice cream omit this).
I always joke that I'm not much of a baker. I can never figure out keeping dry and wet ingredients separate and then when to stir in the sugar My family raves about this Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe. Now, when I say easy I mean it is REALLY easy. With both chocolate and vanilla ice cream, that crunchy fudge layer, and tons frozen whipped cream, this easy Ice Cream Cake tastes JUST like Dairy Queen!
Easy Ice Cream Cake step by step
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Place 6 Zingers at the bottom of the pan frosting side up.
- Top with ice cream, then half of the cookie crumbs.
- Place 6 more Zingers on top of that and press down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Mix whipped topping and mint extract.
- An hour before serving remove from freezer and invert onto serving plate. Frost top and sides with whipped cream, then the rest of the crushed cookies return to freezer until ready to serve.
I once used a Dairy Queen cake as a tool in courtship. I had been dating my husband for a month or so, and he indicated an interest in making. Then I popped that in the freezer and we enjoyed a delicious ice cream birthday cake that evening. It doesn't get much easier than that folks! Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips.