You can cook Meeti Chutney using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meeti Chutney
- You need 2 Cups of Dates , deseeded.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Tamarind , Deseeded.
- You need 1 Cup of Jaggery Grated.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Asafoetida.
- You need of Salt -.
Meeti Chutney instructions
- Wash dates and tamarind and place them in a saucepan (I’d suggest that you blend this mix, just once quickly, before heating. Might speedup the process. Take forever otherwise). Place in a saucepan.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder, hing, salt and 4 cups of water and simmer till the mixture thickens enough.
- Cool and strain the mixture through a sieve. Store refrigerated and use as required..
- You can also puree the chutney in a food processor and then strain it..
recipe by Sowmya Nair @cookpad