Vapa Pitha (steamed rice cake).
You can have Vapa Pitha (steamed rice cake) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vapa Pitha (steamed rice cake)
- It’s 2 cups of Rice Flour (store – bought).
- It’s of Approx 1 cup Luke warm water.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of Grated coconut.
- Prepare of Date molasses.
- Prepare of Steamer.
- Prepare of Cheese cloth or kitchen paper.
- It’s of Pitha/Rice Cake.
Vapa Pitha (steamed rice cake) instructions
- In a bowl add rice flour, salt. Sprinkle small amount of water (approx 1 cup of water). Mix all the ingredients. The mixture should not be dough like or runny. If you make a ball you should be able to break it smoothly..
- Shift the damp flour through a strainer and let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- Use a loose bottom tart-let tin or ramekin. Add a layer of flour mixture then add shredded coconut, jaggery and again flour mixture. Press firmly to seal..
- Cover with a soaked the muslin or cheese cloth pieces. If you don't have this you can use ligtly soaked kitchne paper..
- Let it steam for 3-4 mintues using a steamer.
- Your vapa pitha is ready. Enjoy 🙂.
recipe by Nabila Nawar Sharly @cookpad