Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough.
You can cook Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Luke warm water.
- You need 3 1/3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Pizza construction.
- Prepare 1 of Dough.
- You need 1 of Pizza pan or cast iron skillet.
- Prepare 28 oz of Whole Tomatoes – San Marzano – crushed up.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Mozzarella, Ramono, provolone.
- Prepare of Toppings, sausage, ham, mushrooms, etc.
- It’s 1 dash of Fresh oregano, basil.
Perfect Deep dish Pizza – Easy Homemade Dough instructions
- Dough: in a 2 cup measuring cup, add yeast and sugar. Fill with warm water to measure 1 1/3 cup. Let sit and activated…will bubble. In a large bowl add flour and salt. Slowly pour in yeast liquid. This could be in a mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Have a bowl of extra flour. Knead until smooth. Put in a zip lock bag for 2 hours in a warm spot….Dough will double in size..
- Sauce: in a small pot 2 swirls of Olive Oil. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper. Cook low for 20minutes. It will splatter. Wear an apron..
- Spread dough in pan. The dough will make 2 thin crust or one large thick crust. Add cheese first. This way the cheese doesn't burn. Add other toppings. Sauce goes on last. Do not over do the sauce or the crust won't be crispy. Sprinkle oregano. Cook at 420°F for approx 20 minutes. Right out of oven, Sprinkle olive oil and fresh basil leaves..
recipe by Jill C Fedeli @cookpad