You can have Meeti Chutney using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meeti Chutney
- It’s of Dates , deseeded.
- Prepare of Tamarind , Deseeded.
- It’s of Jaggery Grated.
- Prepare of Chilli Powder.
- You need of Asafoetida.
- Prepare of Salt -.
Meeti Chutney step by step
- Wash dates and tamarind and place them in a saucepan (I’d suggest that you blend this mix, just once quickly, before heating. Might speedup the process. Take forever otherwise). Place in a saucepan.
- Add the jaggery, chilli powder, hing, salt and 4 cups of water and simmer till the mixture thickens enough.
- Cool and strain the mixture through a sieve. Store refrigerated and use as required..
- You can also puree the chutney in a food processor and then strain it..
recipe by Sowmya Nair @cookpad