Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra.
You can make Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra
- You need 1.5 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of 7 spices.
- You need 2 cups of organic bouillon.
- It’s 4 of medium size onions cut in thin wings.
- Prepare 4 of medium size onions thinly cut in dices.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra instructions
- I love eating a good mjaddra, especially coming from Lebanon, we used to have this dish at least once a week, well prepared by my mom. This version is modified to make it healthier, without any oil, and more digestive, by using an instant pot. When you cook beans in an instant pot, they become much easier to digest in l. I also did not use any salt, but you can either use it by adding a little up to you taste once the dish is on your plate, or use a salt free mix like mrs. Dash..
- I started by Dicing the onions really thin, add them to the instant pot, adding 1 cup of bouillon and 3 cups of water, then washing the rice and lentil for 5 times minimum, it is preferable to soak them for at least 30 minutes as well. I then added the 7 spices, clean rice and lentils in the instant pot, mixed spices well with a spoon km and cooked them for 11 minutes..
- I started sauteing the onions wings in a pan over the stove on medium fire and gradually adding the 1 cup of bouillon, this process takes a long time without oil, so grab your favourite podcast, a nice cup of kombucha, (see my other recipe) and be ready to spend at least 30 minutes doing it..
- Once the mjaddra is cooked, take it out of the instant pot, garnish it with the caramelized onions, favourite salt and Bon appetit..
recipe by Geo Zio @cookpad