You can have Easy Calzones using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Calzones
- You need of Dough.
- Prepare 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast (or 1 packet).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil (vegetabe or olive).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- It’s 1 can of pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1 of favorite pizza toppings: cheese, mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, etc).
- You need of Pan for cooking it on.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of corn meal.
Easy Calzones step by step
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with olive oil and lightly sprinkle corn meal to help prevent sticking..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop onto flat surface such as a cutting board; knead for a few minutes until well combined and dough is a little elastic..
- Break dough in two equal pieces. Roll into balls and use a rolling pin to roll out into flar circular shaped dough about 1/4 inch thick..
- Place on cookie sheet so that half of it is on the sheet and the other half hangs over the back side..
- Pour a small amount of sauce on the portion of dough that is on the pan and spread to about an inch from the edge..
- Add cheese and favorite toppings..
- Fold the piece that was hanging over the back of the pan on top of the toppings and fold the bottom part of the crust up over the top part and seal it together..
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes..
recipe by Georgina Scarbrough @cookpad