Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake.
You can cook Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need of ea) pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of pumpkin pie spice (I didnt level, but used rounded tsp of spice).
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of yellow or white cake mix – unprepared.
- You need of unsalted butter – melted.
- Prepare of chopped pecans.
- It’s of vanilla extract (optional, I added about 1 tsp).
- It’s of whipped cream topping.
- It’s of heavy whipping cream (aka double cream).
- It’s of powdered sugar (aka confectioners' or caster sugar).
- It’s of vanilla extract (optional).
Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake instructions
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray..
- Gently combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt (And optional vanilla) in a large bowl, then dump it into the slow cooker insert. Spread out evenly..
- Sprinkle the DRY cake mix evenly over the pumpkin puree, then, as evenly as possible, pour the melted butter on top and finish by sprinkling with the chopped pecans..
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4.5 hours. Do NOT remove the cover in this time. Just trust it's doing its thing. The edges of the cake should be starting to brown and crisp slightly when done..
- When ready to serve, use a handheld or stand mixer woth a whick attachment to whip the cream and powdered sugar (and optional vanilla) together in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Or make ahead too and store covered in fridge until serving time..
- Serve the cake warm with a dollop of the whipped cream..
- NOTE: You could also use chopped walnuts instead of pecans, or simply omit nuts if there is an allergy or you do not like them. But they are a great textural element, adding an excellent crunch..
- NOTE: If the cake is done before it's time for dessert it is perfectly fine to switch to warm until you're ready..
recipe by StephieCanCook @cookpad