Quick and easy sponge cake. This sponge cake should not be dense. I would highly recommend reading the tips in the recipe above for what the batter should look like. Since the cake relies on the volume of the eggs for leavening, it is critical to beat the eggs and sugar adequately in this classic sponge cake, or it will be flat and dense.
I have never had any problems with it, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. A great, simple, tasty sponge cake that you can whip up in a rush using simple store cupboard ingredients. It tastes great with or without icing, and you can serve it with almost anything. the ultimate simple pleasure. You can cook Quick and easy sponge cake using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Quick and easy sponge cake
- Prepare 4 oz of Caster sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 oz of Self raising flour.
- Prepare 4 oz of Margerine (butter is fine).
Using an electric whisk beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Which flavor is a must for this dish? Chocolate Vanilla Coffee Orange Coconut No Preference.
Quick and easy sponge cake step by step
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180c/350f (with some ovens a higher temperature can be used- mine is a very temperamental old gas oven that likes to burn things if not watched carefully hence the lower temperature!).
- Beat the margerine and sugar together until smooth. You can soften the margerine/butter first but dont melt it!.
- Add one of the eggs and half the flour and beat again until smooth. Then repeat with the other egg and the rest of the flour..
- If you're in a rush, you can just stick both eggs and all the flour in at once. If you're really pushed for time you can put all the ingredients in and beat it together but this will take work to stop lumps!.
- If making one big cake then pop the mix in greased sandwich tins and into the oven for 15-20 mins depending on your oven..
- This mix is also good for cupcakes and fairy cakes, these will probably only take about 10 mins to cook..
Yogurt Sponge Cake La Cocina de Babel. If you have been on the hunt for a basic vanilla cake recipe then you are welcome, as I have just the right, easy and quick vanilla sponge cake for you. It is fluffy, light, moist and delicious! Creamy Orange Cake Cool and refreshing like the orange cream frozen treat. An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Sponge Cake.