Vegan moong daal kheer. How to make a Delicious Creamy Paysam(Kheer) from Sago(Sabudana), Moong Dal(lentils) and Coconut Milk. Paysam(Kheer) recipe made of Sago(Sabudana), Moong Dal. There are a variety of lentils that are consumed in India.
Also known as yellow moong lentils, these are usually cooked with onion, tomatoes. This Moong Dal Kheer is healthy, nutritious and low fat. We all loved Moong Dal Kheer at home! You can cook Vegan moong daal kheer using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan moong daal kheer
- You need 1/2 cup of moong daal.
- Prepare 1,1 of /2cup water.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of jaggery.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cashew nuts, raisine, dry coconut.
Spiced with cardamom, sweetened with brown sugar, and topped with toasted cashews, coconut and sesame seeds, Moongdal is an Indian lentil pudding that is often served for breakfast. Moong dal, rice, jaggery and coconut milk make up this kheer – a favourite of the South Indians. Ingredients for Moong Dal Kheer Recipe. This moong daal payasam is one such healthy dessert, which i can eat anytime.
Vegan moong daal kheer step by step
- Add moong daal in cooker or pot. Dry roast on medium heat till you get a nice aroma.
- Then rinse well the well, and pour 1,1/2 cup water..
- Pressure cooker on medium flame untill soft for 2 whistle..
- While daal cooks, add jaggery in pan with 3 or 4 tbs water. Boil it on medium flame untill slightly thick yet runny and pour consistency. When it done keep aside.
- When pressure release mash cooked dal slightly, add Cardamom powder, pour filter jaggery through it to moong mix it well..
- Bring it to boil.
- Switch off the flame and cool it for 5 min. Pour thick coconut milk in it.
- Take a small pan add coconut oil in it roast dry fruits.
- Add dry fruits in kheer. And mix.
- Serve warm or cool as a dessert.
recipe by Chhaya Raghuvanshi @cookpad
For those who haven't tried any south indian payasam made of dal yet, this is a very good dish to start with. Moong dal is rich in protein and used in a variety of traditional vegetable dishes. They have a nutty flavor and are easy to cook. Moong is relatively easy to digest. Moong Dal kheer is a different variety of dessert, which uses all natural ingredients.