Russian Treats Coconut Bars.
You can make Russian Treats Coconut Bars using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Russian Treats Coconut Bars
- Prepare of Butter cookie base crust:.
- Prepare 185 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 55 grams of Cane sugar (or granulated sugar).
- Prepare 90 grams of Unsalted fermented butter (or regular butter).
- You need 2 pinch of Salt (omit if using salted butter).
- It’s 1 of splash Vanilla powder (or vanilla oil).
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s of For the meringue batter:.
- It’s 1 of Egg white.
- You need 100 grams of Granulated sugar (or raw cane sugar).
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of generous splash Vanilla powder (or vanilla oil).
- You need 200 ml of Walnuts (or almonds, pistachios, or your choice of nuts).
- Prepare 100 ml of Shredded coconut (coarse or fine).
Russian Treats Coconut Bars instructions
- [To prep the ingredients:] Bring the butter to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180℃. Roast and chop the nuts..
- Combine the butter and sugar and mix well. Add the salt and vanilla powder and mix until well incorporated..
- Add the egg yolk, mix, add the cake flour, mix together with a spatula using a cut-and-fold motion, then bring the dough into a ball..
- Use the palms of your hands (or a rolling pin) to flatten out the dough onto a baking sheet. The dough should be about 3-5 mm thick..
- Prick the dough in several places with a fork, then bake at 170℃ for 15-20 minutes..
- While the dough is baking, whisk together the egg white, salt, and vanilla powder until well incorporated. Do not try to make a meringue..
- Add the roasted chopped nuts and coconut, and mix..
- Once the cookie dough has finished baking, evenly spread the meringue-nut batter over the top, then bake for another 15-20 minutes..
- Once the meringue is well cooked, remove the tray from the oven, cut into desired pieces, then cool on a rack and serve..
- These will keep if stored in a tightly sealed container with a pack of desiccant to keep them fresh..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad