Rum Jerked Ham.
You can cook Rum Jerked Ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rum Jerked Ham
- It’s of For the dry rub:.
- Prepare 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of Ham with bone.
- It’s of For the glaze:.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum.
- It’s 1 cup of pineape juice.
Rum Jerked Ham instructions
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
recipe by Brandy T. @cookpad