You can have Vegan curry using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan curry
- Prepare 4 of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 tin of red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tin of onion and tomato mix.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 of red chillies sliced in half.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow split peas.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s of Spices (rough estimate, make sure to taste half way).
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of briyani curry powder.
- It’s 5 of cardamon pods.
- You need 1 tbsp of aniseed.
- You need 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of To serve with:.
- Prepare to taste of Sambals (diced onion, tomato, vinegar and optional diced chilli).
- You need to taste of Sliced banana.
Vegan curry step by step
- Fry onion and chillies till soft in your pressure cooker.
- Add all spices and garlic to roast and release all the goodness.
- Add everything else and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and then close pressure cooker.
- Lower heat to medium.
- After about 45 mins check it and add more water if needed.
- Once peas are soft, serve with sambals and banana.
recipe by Keandra Doig @cookpad