simple easy sponge cake. I love this sponge cake recipe. It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this base. This is a classic European sponge cake (aka Genoise).
Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Using an electric whisk beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. You can make simple easy sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of simple easy sponge cake
- Prepare of self raising flour.
- You need of butter or margarine.
- You need of caster sugar.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of sandwich tins,or cake tins.
- Prepare of vanilla essense(optional).
An exceptional, yet simple Vanilla Sponge Cake. An essential addition to every recipe collection! Moist and tender Vanilla Sponge Cake A Victoria Sponge is said to have been the favorite sponge cake of Queen Victoria. Layered with jam or custard, or dusted with confectioners' sugar, this unfussy sponge cake makes for a simple and elegant dessert.
simple easy sponge cake step by step
- preheat oven 180c,or gas mark 4 1/2..
- take butter and eggs out of fridge about an hour before baking..
- mix sugar and butter until pale and creamy.add vanilla essense if you choose to add at this stage..in separate bowl beat eggs. gradually add eggs in to butter mixture beating constantly to prevent curdling.if you see any sign of curdling,add generous pinch of flour,it should help stopping mixture curdling..
- add flour and mix well.finally add milk,little at time,and each addition mix well..
- pour mixture into two cake tins,i use 9 inch but any size may be used.if using 7 inch,decrease heat and extend baking time..
- bake for about 25 min. I check sponge by pricking sponge with skewer. if skewer comes out clean,your cake is done :-D.
- after cooling cakes in their tins,take sponge out,decorate to your own liking…i simply added chocolate buttercream(mix 80g icing sugar,30g half melted butter,1 big teaspoonful of coco powder).
A Simple Yellow Sponge Cake recipe that any baker new to baking or not needs to have in their recipe repertoire. This cake was one of the first Yellow Sponge Cake recipes that I learned to make and it has served me very well. I have never had any problems with it, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. This is a recipe my mother taught me to make. A great, simple, tasty sponge cake that you can whip up in a rush using simple store cupboard ingredients.