Are you looking for a dessert that is both delicious and healthy? Then look no further than our 1294 recipe delicious carrot and beet cake! This cake is not only packed with flavor but also loaded with nutrients from the carrots and beets. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies for picky eaters.
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated beets
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the vegetable oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Stir in the grated carrots and beets into the wet mixture.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
Each serving of our delicious carrot and beet cake contains:
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 19g
The total cooking time for our 1294 recipe delicious carrot and beet cake is approximately 45 minutes.
- 9-inch cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
Our delicious carrot and beet cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party, potluck, or just a sweet treat for yourself. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special touch.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped nuts, raisins, or shredded coconut to the cake batter for some extra texture and flavor. You can also experiment with different frostings, such as cream cheese or chocolate ganache.
If you don’t have any beets on hand, you can substitute with grated zucchini or sweet potato. You can also use a gluten-free flour blend for a gluten-free version of the cake.
Our delicious carrot and beet cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure to use fresh carrots and beets for the best flavor and texture.
- Grate the carrots and beets finely to ensure that they cook through evenly.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
This recipe makes one 9-inch cake, which serves approximately 8 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use any neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed oil. Just make sure to use a high-quality oil for the best flavor.
Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can use any type of granulated sugar, such as brown sugar or coconut sugar. However, the flavor and texture of the cake may be slightly different.
As someone who loves desserts but also wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle, our 1294 recipe delicious carrot and beet cake is the perfect compromise. It’s moist, flavorful, and packed with nutrients from the carrots and beets. Plus, it’s a fun way to sneak in some veggies for picky eaters. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!